EU Delegation starts 9-months technical assistance toward more enabling environment for civil society development
In November 2017 the EU Delegation has starting a 9-months technical assistance to support a number of actions related to the Roadmap for Albanian Government policy toward more enabling environment for civil society development.
In the beginning of November 2017, a team of 5 experts started their first out of three missions.
The expert team is composed of three experts from different EU member states as well as two experts from Albania.
The team members are:
- Team leader – Christine Leiser
- Capacity development expert – Max Fras
- Financial expert – Marjan Nikolov
- Legal Expert – Roland Gjoni
- ICT Expert – Enkeleda Kuka
You can contact the team via email@example.com
from November 2017 to July 2018
In particular the assistance will focus in the following areas:
- Mid-term review of the Roadmap implementation. (A series of consultations with Civil Society and GoV will be organized during November – February) with civil society and other actors in Tirana, Shkodra, Vlora and Korca and online consultations.
- Update of the Roadmap and preparation of a detailed Plan of Actions, followed by a set of indicators, budget and a monitoring framework for the implementation of the Roadmap. In addition, the team will conduct a need assessment and design an outline for a communication and visibility plan for the Roadmap on the enabling environment.
- Support to National Council (in particular with a focus on CSOs members) and relevant state actors on enhancing cross sectorial collaboration for a regular dialogue on issues of priorities. Support establishing an annual plan for the work of the NCCS.
- Functional review of the State Agency for the Support of Civil Society and recommendations to strengthen transparency, capacities and functioning. This will include a revision of similar practices from other countries.
- Analysis and recommendations on the legal and fiscal/financial regulatory framework for civil society following 1-2 case studies from countries in the region.
- Model analysis and recommendations for establishing an effective CSOs Information management system.
- One strategic workshop focused on preparation of civil society in Albania for the process of opening negotiations and learning from counterparts from other countries in this process in the region.
The whole assistance aims to stimulate an open and participatory process with civil society actors, government and other key actors such as media, international partners and independent institutions.
Please do not hesitate to contact us, should you have any questions.
We are looking forward to our fruitful cooperation.
Team leader of the technical assistance team