Call for Project-Proposals No. 5
Tirana, 30 May - 30 June 2014
Agency for the Support of Civil Society (ASCS), in the context of an open and transparent competition, based on the criteria set forth by Law no. 10093, dated 09.03.2009, "On the organization and functioning of the Agency for the Support of Civil Society", from 30 May to 30 June 2014 opened No.5 Call for proposals for NGOs that operate across the country. This Call was focused on the following main areas:
- Good governance and the rule of law (fight against corruption, impunity, etc.);
- Strengthening the institution of tolerance and dialogue as the fundamental values of democracy (human rights, combating violence and discrimination, diversity as value and as an asset to a democratic society);
- Environmental protection and sustainable development (tourism, public health, schools, etc.);
- Strengthening the capacities of the young generation through free enterprise initiatives;
- Promotion and management of cultural heritage;
- Strengthening the cooperation and partnership between civil society organizations; strengthening the capacities of the organizations; encouraging civil society involvement in policy-making and decision-making;
During this call there were an increased number of applications compared with the previous calls. The number of applications filed with the ASCS reached 245 applications, about 121 applications more than those in the previous call, which had a geographical spread across the country.
Factors that contributed positively to achieving this outcome, have been the facilitated procedures of application and also the orientation sessions organized by the staff of ASCS, where a large number of interested organizations were provided with information on how to fill the application form and all the other documentation . The large number of applications is an indicator that shows an increased reliability of civil society in cooperation with the ASCS.
After the inspection of the documents and the evaluation of the applications filed with the ASCS, the Supervisory Board declared the list of winning projects which were followed by the conclusion of the contracts.